Thursday, September 26, 2013

18:14

I am alive. Sorry, I must seem absent. You can be sure that if I am not replying for days, it's because I am not sleeping much. I have a bad habit of believing that I can accomplish a task within a day. Then finally I admit I cannot, but this admission is slow in coming, and only fully appreciated at the end of the task. By then, I have gone through a protracted period of single-minded overcoming, where every night I go to sleep with an aftertaste of defeat.

I am in one of those cycles right now. My task is to grade a thermal physics homework, and I thought it reasonably accomplished by Monday. But there is an abundance of subtleties in this subject, and being absolutely sure takes its toll. I feel immersed, it is a beautiful subject to be immersed in, and I want to do well for the students. Michael, the lecturer, has told me that the first problem-solving session has been very well-received by the students, and the praise has been emphatic. Instead of soothing me, I am heightened, I am even more eager to produce magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home