Monday, October 02, 2006

DDR and Laksa Heaven

Grant and Colin doing a pretty good imitation of Dance Dance Revolution in the lounge. Pretty impressive stuff, which requires very nimble feet. I tried it out, and the game gave me a grade of E. I'm just happy I didn't get an F.

Well, finally, I decided to cook my Prima Taste Laksa mix, which was lying quietly in my cupboard gathering dust. After a while, you get tired of sub-standard rice meals and pizza, and you want to eat some noodles. First was a trip to '99 Ranch', an Asian supermarket in Convoy Street, where I bought noodles and all the ingredients I needed for laksa. Actually, I bought a lot more than that. I felt like I was in heaven in that supermarket. FINALLY, real, identifiable food! I even found some of the Korean instant noodles that I have always liked. Hot.

The ingredients were laid out:

Cooking was real fun. I haven't cooked for a while, but most of it is a no-brainer. Just reading the instructions and dumping in all the ingredients. We didn't really have fried tou fu for our laksa, so I just bought some tou fu and Tanya fried them in sesame oil on a pan, and it turned out better than I expected.

My Partner in Crime, Tanya

The end result: the best meal Tanya and I have had since we came to San Diego. Take a look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home