Thursday, August 02, 2012

An amazing Starbucks

Moon is sitting in front of me right now, we are in an amazing Starbucks. Starbucks does one thing right, sometimes, which is to appear friendly to people who care to stone with their labtops. This Starbucks at Adelphi is amazing in this regard, with long tables, comfy chairs, numerous powerplugs, and a view of Orchard Road (including two other Starbucks across the road; neither are amazing).

She is sipping her passionfruit tea, reading the 'Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms'. Lately, she's been explaining to me what a derivative is: many variations of the same theme. Sometimes, I feel the theme is just: I want to gamble. Lately, she's started reading the Business Times seriously, and is bugging me about Matlab, and learning covariances. She's serious.

Eventually, I must bug her enough so that she'll show me her China pictures, which she always holds back because she doesn't want to do it twice. She doesn't believe me when I say, the story always gets better in the next telling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home