Thursday, August 02, 2012

The Mix

It was a strange mix of friends who came for floorball this time. AC and GY have just left the country, only a few days after I became front page news. WH admitted to being uncomfortable around people without the support of the other legs.

Two ex'es came: JN and WX. Imps was worried that people would misunderstand the point of the game.

It was a poignant meeting with JN, whom I haven't met in so long. He has a finance-related job he doesn't really like, and a girlfriend who loves dancing. We've been friends, on and off, for a long time; it's times like these I wish we were on. It was a great game and my legs almost kept up with me, with frequent stretching! Playing with JN reminded me of euphoric games in junior college, where our class team were champions of a sort. Later, he told me, we should sit down for a proper dinner. Such was his manner, I could not doubt his sincerity; I was touched.

WX's brother was embroiled in a media scandal, as I found out later. I asked her out for dinner after the game, but she excused herself for that reason. But my gesture was not ignored. We met for lunch a few days later at her work place. Though I think of her as family, I wonder if she's fully comfortable with me. Sometimes I get the feeling that she won't meet my eyes. It can be so difficult.

YC and MS came as well. YC was his usual bumbling, charming self with my sisters. Later I found out about his sister. Such pain he must have felt.

Bo had a unusually productive game, in terms of goals. Imps later declared that 'she lacks discipline', so that 'her head won't swell'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home