Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Princeton abounds with free food - an unending natural resource that I have tapped into, with equal parts greed and amusement. We have a freefood mailing list, that is sustained by the people on the mailing list. Anybody can give a shout, and it is often loud.

I was hunting for a mystical `Three Pounds of Lindt Chocolate' in the undergraduate dorms of Forbes college. I went down the musty narrow hallways, where each door led to a different student, and sometimes I peeked in with voyeuristic pleasure.  I never found it; I knew it was a long shot. I wasn't even sure if I was in the right building. I left the dorms, feeling less disappointed than sheepish, but not before running into a student of mine, Andreea Bianca, who lives there. I still don't know how to pronounce her name.

`Aris! What are you doing here?'

What am I doing here? I didn't know what to say, without giving myself away. So I finally blurted, 'Hunting for free chocolate.'

She was confused, and probably thought I was odd. But she kindly agreed, 'Oh, I didn't know that.' 
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home