Monday, October 09, 2006

Anime, Nerds, Speedos, Chopsticks and 18th Birthdays
I'm kinda surprised to say this, but I've joined an Anime club in Sunny San Diego. I've always liked Anime, but I've never pictured myself joining a club for Anime, but that just goes to show how you should never stop surprising yourself. Every Monday night, I head to Price Theatre for my weekly dose of Anime: seven episodes from seven different series. The range of Anime shown is really interesting: from intensely personal human drama (Welcome to NHK) to supernatural horror/mystery (an Anime christened 'Killer Lollies' by my room-mate Colin, who was Prez of his own Anime club in high school and introduced me to the club, thanks Colin!) to mindless chick flicks (The Ouran Host Club). Plus, members of the club randomly get freebies, like this poster I got on my first week as a member. It's now up on my cupboard door...


On a whim, I walked into the study room of our residence hall with my digicamera and shouted out, "Smile for me, nerds!". And so they did. What nerds! Say hello to (from bottom left, clockwise) Jake, Brittney, Minna and Jimmy.




This is Kathy in a compromising position, with Daniel's swimming trunks (or Speedos, as they call it here) forced on her head by, you guessed it, Daniel himself. They're pretty good friends, and this kind of behaviour is not unexpected between good friends...


This is cute. Tasha proudly shows us her virgin mastery of the chopsticks. Quite a momentous occasion.



On a happier note, Kathy (sitting) celebrates her 18th birthday. Daniel lights the candles for her. It sure felt like a long time ago when I celebrated mine. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home