Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fall, and the Leaves are Falling



Ooh, I'm starting to take note of the seasons and its effects now, cause it'll be my first time experiencing any seasonal variation in the weather. So I've noticed that leaves are falling. I've noticed that it gets colder too. But other than that, I haven't really noticed much else. Gotta keep my eyes open! I don't think I'm noticing enough...
I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open too. Literally. Went for my first rock concert on friday and I fell asleep. I blame it on lack of sleep in general and the crappy bands. Then again, I know people who've enjoyed the concert so maybe it's just not my type of music. My FIRST rock concert and I fell asleep!
The anime club I've joined is showing some excellent anime. My top choice would have to be Death Note, and I remember you telling me about this series, Jinx! I was kinda surprised when they showed it, but so far, it has been mind-blowing. For those who don't know what Death Note is about, I'll do a short history: a straight-A, handsome, extremely intelligent college student named Light discovers a Death Note dropped onto the material plane by a bored Death God. He finds out that any name written on this black book will die an almost immediate death. Instead of being afraid of this new-found power, Light embraces it and decides to remake the world in his image, by cleansing the world of people whom he deems 'evil', and eventually becoming a god. Every day after school, he returns home and writes down hundreds of names, systematically exterminating all the known criminals in the world. Light, apparently, has a dark and warped side, which borders on the psychopathic. When hundreds of criminals began to die of unexplained cardiac arrests over a few days, a mysterious and extremely capable investigator, who goes by the name L and heads Interpol, begins to hunt down this mysterious killer, whom people are calling "Kira" (Killer) reverently. L tricks Light into revealing his powers on national TV and what begins is a cat and mouse game of the highest stakes: if Light finds out who L really is, L will die; if L finds out who Light is first, Light will die. Both believe that they are on the path of righteousness. One is destined to die in this battle of wits.
So far, that's it after two episodes. What's really intriguing about this anime is that the classic anti-hero here (Light) may just be plain evil, and yet somehow Light draws you into his twisted perspective of the world and you can almost believe he is the saviour he claims to be. Awesome stuff. The anime is really first-rate and is highly recommended (by me, that is).

A new addition to our suite: yet ANOTHER tv with yet ANOTHER Xbox, so now we can play Halo and actually snipe each other from different screens. It's gaming heaven here.


Hmm?


Dear Eric, happy 18th birthday!



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home