Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A day without physics

Today, a physics-less day, I do my laundry.

I gave a presentation to Phuan's group that consisted of four pdf slides. In spite of my reservations that I was saying very little, the specialized audience lapped up my predictions on transport. It was nice to see in the audience four of my experimentalist friends, and also to exchange ideas with Phuan. He pointed to a nice calculation that can be done at the Lifshitz transition, which will make a nice theoretical paper.

Immediately after, I brought Laura to Triumph brewery and promptly became a fan of their beer tasting special. I must add this to the to-do-in-Princeton list. Her Microsoft job has made her very mobile, and she is conducting a workshop in Princeton to teach SCOM, a scripting language. In November, she will move to New York, and she will help me overcome my New-York inertia so that I will make frequent visits to all the museums and parks I've been hearing about. After Triumph was an 8.5-hour grading marathon, which left me exponentially exhausted, as if my preparations for Phuan were not enough to put me straight to bed. At the finish line, I declare the next day a day without physics. I declare that I will write, learn about generalized functions from Gelfand, watch the new Code Geass series, exert my body, read a story about Cinderella, plan New Zealand, and find a Russian village to disappear to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home