Saturday, May 26, 2012

The following truth occurred to me - a flash of realization, and then, quiet bemusement.

Simultaneously, I have a sister in Vietnam, a sister in the Philippines, a sister in Australia, a sister in China, and a sister in Australia.

I don't know if any man in history has ever formulated this thought. Perhaps... not.

N is gallivanting in Vietnam with new-found boyfriend Ku. She recently told me that she wants a lot of money, so that she may travel as she wishes. She is also letting go of her feminist dreams, thinking them unpractical - she is no longer going to Ruttgers for a master's program in gender studies, despite my urgings. I don't know if I feel this loss more keenly than she does. I always imagined that Ruttgers may be a cornerstone in her life, that will define her way of thinking for many years to come, that will enrich her with friends who share her passions - soul-partners, such an abundance of soul-partners she will never have a chance to meet again. 

Im is gallivanting in the Philippines with new-found boyfriend J.

M is gallivanting in China/Mongolia with now-medium-term boyfriend D.

S is finishing her psychiatry rotation in Melbourne, with medium-term boyfriend T.

L is studying for PSLE.

It amuses me to keep track of my sisters' current stable of boyfriends and girlfriends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home